Would you like to lose a few kilos faster? In addition to eating a low-calorie diet and exercising a little every day to lose weight, there are also home remedies that, due to their nutritional composition, can accelerate weight loss. Although we can find different natural preparations to lose weight faster, today we are going to talk about one of the most effective: lemon water.
Lemon is a fruit that, mainly due to its diuretic and fat burning effect, is used in many diets to lose weight quickly. Keep reading this article to find out more about lemon water for weight loss: when and how to drink it.
|1. Lemon water for weight loss: properties|
2. How to make lemon water to lose weight
3. How to drink lemon water to lose weight
4. Contraindications of lemon water
Lemon water for weight loss: properties
The lemon is a fruit that is extracted from the lemon tree, an evergreen tree of the family of the rutáceas that is usually cultivated in the gardens or orchards of different Mediterranean regions. This fruit is well known for its richness in vitamins such as C, but also for its nutrients, since it contains acids (citric, malic and caffeic), minerals (potassium, calcium and magnesium), pectin, carbohydrates, flavonoids and essential oils. .
Due to this nutritional richness, lemon water has the following properties:
- Diuretic properties: Thanks to its richness in citric acid and the added water, this home remedy has a diuretic effect that favors the elimination of accumulated toxins within our body, which influences weight.
- Satiating properties: Lemon contains a high content of pectin, a soluble fiber that swells in our stomach when it comes in contact with water. Because of this, lemon water helps you reduce your appetite by increasing the feeling of satiety.
- Digestive properties: Lemon to slim the abdomen is also a good option since thanks to its composition it favors the production of gastric juices in our stomach, which causes food to break down more easily. Thanks to this, the lemon improves digestion and avoids some problems that make weight loss difficult: abdominal bloating, gas or acidity, etc.
- Fat burning properties: This fruit is very rich in flavonoids, metabolites that give it the ability to remove fat from our blood. In addition to this, lemon accelerates our metabolism, which is why it allows us to burn more calories than normal.
How to make lemon water for weight lose
As we have already seen, lemon water is an excellent natural preparation to lose a few extra kilos as long as we accompany it with a balanced diet and daily exercise. But do you know how to prepare this home remedy? Here we explain two methods to make lemon water to lose weight:
- Heat 1 glass of mineral water and then let it cool until the liquid is warm.
- Once you have the warm water ready, cut 1 lemon in half and squeeze one of its parts into the liquid. It is preferable that the lemon is a little ripe, since this way you can squeeze much more juice from its interior.
- Stir the mixture so that the juice is well diluted in the water and the lemon water will be ready to lose weight.
- Take a lemon and cut it whole into slices.
- Add in a jug cold water and the lemon slices that you have cut.
- Let the slices rest for a few hours before consuming the lemon water.
How to drink lemon water to lose weight
Next, we explain when and how to drink lemon water according to the recipe you have chosen in the previous section:
- In case you have chosen the first recipe, you will have to drink a glass of lemon water on an empty stomach, about 30 minutes before breakfast. It is important that, in addition to using warm water, you also take the preparation as soon as you have squeezed the lemon without waiting.
- In the case of the second recipe, you can drink glasses of lemon water throughout the day. However, to promote weight loss it is advisable to drink 3 glasses of this preparation daily (one glass before each main meal).
Contraindications of lemon water
Although lemon water is a very beneficial remedy for our health, it can also be harmful in some cases. Below we list the contraindications of lemon water :
- Stomach ulcers: Citric acid can worsen your condition if you have this problem.
- Gastritis: The symptoms of gastritis can be aggravated with this remedy, so avoid consuming it if this is your case.
- Tooth sensitivity: Lemon may cause further damage to tooth enamel.
- Anemia: This natural mixture should also be avoided in case you are lacking in other minerals such as calcium.
- Rheumatic diseases: It is also contraindicated if you suffer from osteoporosis or other arthritic diseases.
- Inflammation of the prostate: The symptoms of this condition can be worsened with lemon water, so do not consume this natural concoction if you suffer from prostate problems.
This article is merely informative. We do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Lemon water to lose weight: when and how to take it, we recommend that you enter our Health category.