Did you know that garlic can help you fight acne? This food has great anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can help you reduce the size of pimples and eliminate those annoying pimples. However, its use is very controversial, since although it is true that dermatologists advise against the direct application of garlic on the skin, there are many home remedies for acne that, containing a small percentage of this ingredient, have proven to be very effective.
Next, we explain how to use garlic for acne and how to make some safe and effective home remedies that can help you without putting your health at risk. Take note!
What is garlic on the face for
As we have advanced, garlic is a very controversial home remedy in the field of beauty, because although it is true that applied directly on the skin can have serious consequences, it is undeniable that, throughout history and currently, there are many creams and lotions that contain garlic for greater effectiveness. What then is the solution? The answer is to know the ingredient well and add only the necessary amount.
Garlic is an ingredient full of antioxidant substances , which is why it provides so many benefits to the skin. Among the benefits of garlic on the skin , we see that garlic-based treatments are good for:
- Achieve smoother skin
- Brighten and even out skin tone
- Prevent the appearance of wrinkles
- Avoid the signs of premature aging
- Fight acne
In addition, it should be noted that garlic has an active compound that is especially good for cardiovascular health and circulation: allicin.
Benefits of garlic for acne
Now that we’ve seen what garlic is good for on the face and what the benefits of garlic are on the skin in general, let’s see why this ingredient is considered good for treating acne .
To talk about the benefits of garlic for acne, it is worth mentioning that allicin is a natural stimulant and antiseptic. Garlic’s antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties stem from this substance , so that it can help:
- Reduce swelling and inflammation
- Improve blood circulation
- Get the skin to receive more nutrients
- Kill acne-causing bacteria
On the other hand, garlic also contains thiosulfinates, compounds that act as antimicrobials, and a high content of vitamin C, vitamin B-6, selenium, copper and zinc, all of which are essential for the control of fatty substances in the skin.
Because of this, we see why garlic is an effective remedy to treat mild and spontaneous acne breakouts (not serious conditions), as it helps in the maturation of the boils of the pimples and allows them to dry more quickly.
Does garlic burn the skin?
Although garlic is a natural remedy that has properties for skin care, you should be very careful when using it, since experts advise against its direct application . To the question of whether garlic burns the skin, the experts’ answer is clear: garlic can burn the skin if applied directly, if it is used in excess or if it is used by people with very sensitive skin.
For this reason, we recommend you try the home remedy on a small area of the arm before using it to see if any reaction occurs and always mix this ingredient with other remedies. The continuous and daily use of garlic on the skin, as well as the use by people with sensitive skin can be very harmful to health, which is why it is essential not to abuse this ingredient .
Also remember that garlic for acne is beneficial for mild, spontaneous breakouts, not for people who have severe acne problems.
How to apply garlic for acne
If you want to use garlic to treat pimples, blackheads and small acne breakouts, you must do it carefully and avoid excess of this ingredient. Before applying it to your face, test the remedy on your forearm and leave it for 12 hours to observe if an allergic reaction occurs.
Garlic and yogurt mask
This can be a very effective garlic acne remedy , as both ingredients have beneficial properties for the skin. This garlic acne mask acts as a natural gentle exfoliator that can remove dead cells from your face and thoroughly cleanse your skin.
- Cut a clove of garlic in half and crush only one of the halves.
- Mix the crushed half with a tablespoon of natural yogurt. This yogurt must be as ecological as possible and be completely natural.
- Once the ingredients are well mixed, apply the paste on the previously cleaned and dry face.
- Apply with a gentle circular massage and let it act for only 15 minutes .
- Clean with plenty of water and dry your skin with a clean towel.
Garlic mask with honey
Honey for acne is another remedy with great benefits since it is an ingredient with antibacterial properties. To help combat symptoms with this garlic acne mask, follow these steps:
- Crush half a clove of garlic and add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Mix well, then add another teaspoon of powdered oatmeal.
- We advise you to add 3 drops of tea essential oil to the mixture, another natural antibacterial remedy that, together with the other products, will act as an anti-irritation and anti-inflammatory mask.
- Mix all the ingredients well to create a smooth paste and apply the result to a clean and dry face.
- Let it work for 10 minutes, then rinse your face well with water.
After these remedies, we advise you to finish the process with a moisturizing cream for the face. Remember, also, never leave the garlic on the skin for more than 20 minutes, as it could end up irritating it. On the other hand, we advise you to apply these masks to your face at night, as this will prevent the sun and other external agents from affecting your skin.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to use garlic for acne, we recommend that you enter our Beauty category.