The castor oil , from the seeds of the castor plant, is one of the star products to enhance the thickness and beauty of your eyebrows and eyelashes. The castor tree is commonly known as the infernal fig tree and consists of a plant native to central Africa and other regions with a tropical climate whose main property is to rejuvenate.
In addition to providing beautiful benefits to the skin and hair, today we will focus on the power of castor oil to increase the thickness and beauty of the eyebrows and eyelashes. We want to teach you how to use castor oil on eyebrows and eyelashes so that you can look more cared for and splendid than ever.
Castor oil benefits for eyelashes and eyebrows
Why is castor oil good for eyelashes and eyebrows? Castor oil is a natural oil with a high content of essential fatty acids, proteins and vitamin E. All these nutrients make it an excellent natural remedy to stimulate hair growth , including that of the eyelashes and eyebrows. Today it is one of the most used products to show off longer eyelashes and thicker and more bushy eyebrows.
Castor oil benefits for eyelashes
- Its high content of ricinoleic acid promotes hair growth, penetrating the hair follicles and nourishing the hair roots. This results in longer, stronger, thicker and healthier lashes.
- It has omega-9 fatty acids, which help fight excess sebum that sometimes contributes to the loss of eyelashes or prevents them from growing healthy and strong.
- Ricinoleic acid also has powerful antifungal and antibacterial properties, being these ideal for fighting bacteria and fungi that can sometimes damage the lashes and prevent their good growth.
- Castor oil for lashes is also great because it acts as a natural moisturizer, so that it lubricates them from the root and encourages their growth. For this reason, it is a good natural treatment to prevent eyelash loss caused by misuse of makeup, allergies, stress, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal alterations, etc.
Castor oil benefits for eyebrows
- In the case of the eyebrows, ricinoleic acid is ideal for stimulating hair growth in the most depopulated areas. It favors the nutrition of the hair follicles, which is where the hair grows so that it grows stronger.
- Moisturizes and conditions eyebrow hair, preventing dryness and making it smoother and shinier.
- Prevents hair loss from the eyebrows.
- The result of using castor oil on the eyebrows is fuller, thicker, and more beautiful hair.
How to use castor oil for eyelashes and eyebrows
Now you know why castor oil is good for eyelashes and eyebrows, so you need to learn exactly how to use it. We provide you with this information:
What do you need?
- Mascara brush: you can use an applicator that you no longer use.
- Castor oil: you can buy it in pharmacies or natural product stores. Look at the label, as the oil must be cold pressed or processed to be completely natural.
Steps to apply castor oil on eyelashes and eyebrows
- Clean your face well with water and facial gel to remove any remaining dirt. If you have makeup residue on your eyelashes and brows, use a makeup remover first to make them completely clean.
- Using water and baby shampoo, clean the mascara applicator well until no trace of mascara remains.
- Dip the clean mascara brush into the castor oil and run it around the rim of the bottle to remove excess oil.
- Apply castor oil to your lashes in the same way that you would apply mascara. That is, start from the inside of the eye by sliding the brush from the base of the eyelashes to the tips of the eyelashes, making zig-zag movements so that they are all well impregnated.
- You can run a piece of absorbent paper or a cotton ball through the lashes if you see that you have exceeded the amount of oil.
- Then dip the mascara applicator back into the castor oil and apply it directly to the brows in the direction of hair growth.
- Let the oil act on the eyelashes and eyebrows throughout the night and the next day, when you wake up, wash your face with plenty of warm water and a cleansing facial gel.
- Repeat the treatment every day at night for best results.
Castor oil for eyelashes and eyebrows: how long does it take to grow?
In order to obtain good results when using castor oil on eyelashes and eyebrows and to observe the before and after, it is important to be very constant with the treatment and follow all the steps that we have indicated in the previous section. Although the results will depend in each case on the thickness and strength of the hair, in general, it is possible to see the change after 5 or 6 weeks from the start of the treatment.
In the case of eyebrow hair, it is important to keep in mind that the hair development cycle is 2 to 3 months, a period that could be shortened with the regular use of castor oil. However, this is a natural treatment that does not offer miraculous results and should always be combined with proper eyelash and eyebrow care.
Precautions when using castor oil on eyelashes and eyebrows
Before finishing, we want to advise you of some precautions that you should take into account when using castor oil for eyelashes and eyebrows:
- Make sure that the castor oil is suitable for cosmetic purposes and that it has been pressed or cold processed so that it does not cause any irritation.
- When you apply it, it is very important that you ensure that it does not come into direct contact with your eyes, as it could redden and irritate them.
- Always use it on completely clean eyelashes and eyebrows, free of dirt and makeup.
- If you feel itchy or irritated, stop treatment immediately, and consult a professional dermatologist.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to use castor oil on eyebrows and eyelashes, we recommend that you enter our Beauty category.