Generally, people with a dark complexion also have darker lips, however, the lips can darken due to other causes that have nothing to do with genetic inheritance. Some of these causes have to do with smoking, damage caused by the sun or hormonal imbalances, among other factors.
A solution for these cases is the use of a lipstick in light tones that makes your mouth look more pink, but, obviously, this is not a real remedy, since we would always have to be using a lipstick to whiten the lips. Luckily it’s a HOW, we have other more effective solutions for you. Keep reading this article and discover how to lighten dark lips through a series of natural and very effective treatments.
Why are the lips darkening?
As we have already advanced, there are some factors that can cause your lips to darken over time, causes that have nothing to do with the genetics of each individual. To learn how to remove blackness from your lips , you will first have to identify the reasons why spots appear on your lips:
- Sun Damage : Like skin, our lips can darken and dry out due to constant sun exposure. It is essential to protect our lips from the sun’s rays just as we protect our face or the rest of the body.
- Pollution : Pollution accelerates skin aging and, in fact, it has been shown that being exposed to pollution leads to what we know as hyperpigmentation, which would explain why dark spots appear on our body.
- Smoking : Due to nicotine stains, people who smoke tend to have darker lips than the rest.
- Hormonal imbalances : some diseases, especially those that are caused by hormonal imbalances, can darken the skin of our body, the lips being no exception.
- Allergic reactions : If you wonder why your lips suddenly turn purple or darken in a matter of seconds, it is most likely that you are suffering an allergic reaction to some food or cosmetic product.
Now that you know why dark spots appear on the lips, we will explain how to whiten your lips with natural and very effective remedies that you can prepare from the comfort of your home.
Natural exfoliator with sugar to lighten the lips
Exfoliating our lips is an effective way to lighten them, since this action removes dead skin cells and, as a consequence, improves the tone, shine and appearance of the mouth. For this, the best natural remedy is sugar , which has excellent exfoliating properties thanks to its richness in glycolic acid. To prepare the natural scrub for lips you will only need:
- 3 spoonfuls of sugar.
- 2 tablespoons of olive or almond oil.
Preparation and treatment
To learn how to naturally lighten dark lips with sugar, you will need to add this ingredient in a bowl and then mix it with olive or almond oil. We use any of the oils to give the treatment moisturizing and nourishing properties that will soften our lips even more.
When you have a homogeneous mixture, apply it on the lips, rubbing the scrub on them for about a minute. Then, remove the remains of the product with warm water and apply a lip balm for a smoother and more natural finish. Go through this process 1-2 times a week .
Lemon juice for clearer lips
This citrus fruit is a great remedy to lighten dark lips , as it has powerful lightening properties due to its richness in acids and antioxidants. Furthermore, lemon not only lightens dark lips, but also removes stains from both the mouth and the rest of the face, restoring its natural tone.
To prepare this natural remedy we will only have to squeeze the juice of a whole lemon into a container and, with clean and dry lips, massage our mouth for a few minutes. Finally, remove the remains of juice from your lips with plenty of cold water. It is important to use freshly squeezed juice, since in this state it concentrates most of its nutrients and properties. Do this treatment every night for 1 to 2 months to see good results.
Turmeric with milk to lighten the lips
This home remedy is also effective if you wonder how to remove lip stains , since turmeric is a spice that has great whitening properties. In addition, to avoid possible irritations caused by the spice, we will use milk , a food with excellent moisturizing properties that will deeply hydrate our lips and, consequently, improve both their appearance and their softness.
To prepare this lip mask you will need:
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Mix the turmeric and milk in a bowl until you get a smooth and fairly creamy paste.
- Generously apply the mixture to both lips as long as they are clean and dry.
- Massage using gentle circular movements for 3 minutes and then remove the mask from your lips with plenty of warm water.
- Finally, dry your lips well and use a lip balm with soothing properties.
Honey with almond oil
A mask with honey and almond oil can be very effective especially in lightening the black spots on the lips caused by factors that have dehydrated them, such as aging and sun damage. Honey , in addition to being a natural whitening agent, also has excellent moisturizing properties that can restore the hydration that these types of lips need.
In addition, almond oil , due to its richness in antioxidants, has regenerating and softening properties that will rejuvenate the appearance of your lips. To prepare this home remedy, you will only have to follow these steps:
- Add a tablespoon of organic honey with a tablespoon of almond oil in a container .
- Mix well until you get a creamy paste.
- Then, apply the remedy generously on your mouth giving a small massage and let it act for 5 minutes .
- Once the time has passed, remove the mixture with plenty of warm water. Perform this remedy on a daily basis to get results.
Other natural remedies to lighten dark lips
In addition to the above remedies, you can also try some of the following home treatments to learn how to remove black from lips. Take note:
- Beetroot: this food has lightening properties that give a pink tone to the lips. Apply on them every day between 2 and 3 drops of the juice of this vegetable.
- Milk Rose Petal Mask: This mixture will give your lips a clearer and brighter look. In the event that you do not have this ingredient, you can always buy a container of rose water in any aesthetic.
- Pomegranate juice: its natural pigmentation gives a rosy tone to your lips. Apply a couple of drops of this fruit to your lips every day.
- Cucumber juice: it has hydrating, refreshing and lightening properties, which will give your mouth a spectacular appearance. You will only have to apply a few drops to your lips every day to see results.
Now that you know how to lighten dark lips , you will only have to develop the remedies that best suit your needs and have a little patience, since with natural treatments it can take a few days to see results.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to lighten dark lips , we recommend that you enter our Beauty category .