There is different methods to clean the gold chain. These methods are simple and very effective to shine the jewelry. Gold is one of the most precious properties for many people. But it is as important to have them as to know how to show them off. Keeping them in good condition is essential to preserve all the value they have. Otherwise, they can decline and, consequently, lose it. To keep your jewelry natural, it is important that you know all the cleaning secrets they need. Regardless of whether you wear them more or less frequently. They always have to be washed well from time to time to show off. In addition, each type of jewel requires different hygiene, as is the case with chains.
How to clean a gold chain with soap and water
Before you start cleaning a gold chain, be sure you are dealing with this material, as some of these jewelry cleaning techniques may degrade other materials.
Neutral, dishwasher or handwash soap is an effective product for cleaning a yellow, white, or pink gold chain. Mixed with water, it is a simple resource with which you will be able to keep your jewelry in good condition. Follow these steps to clean your gold chain successfully:
1. Fill a container with warm water and add a small bowl of dishwasher detergent or soap.
2. Stir the mixture until the soap is dissolved.
3. Dip the gold chain in the soapy water. Let it soak for several minutes (maximum 15). You can also put it in and take it out several times until it’s completely wet.
4. Rub the chain with a toothbrush if it is very dirty. Make sure that the bristles (threads) are soft so as not to damage it and do it in circular movements.
5. Remove the chain and rinse it with hot water.
6. Dry the chain with a cloth and place it on a flat surface until the next day to dry completely. To make it shine, move the cloth in small circles.
How to Clean a Gold Chain with Baking Soda
Baking soda is another product to keep in mind when thinking about how to clean a gold chain to make it shine. It is a compound that, accompanied by water, is effective for washing your jewelry. To clean gold with bicarbonate, be it white gold, rose gold or yellow gold, we recommend that you follow these steps:
1. Take a glass container and line it with aluminum foil so that the chain has contact with this material and not with the glass. This way, it will clean better.
2. Place the gold chain on the container and sprinkle the baking soda until it is completely covered.
3. Boil water and pour it on the gold chain when it is still very hot. Let it soak for about 5 minutes.
4. Brush the chain with a soft bristle brush. For example, you can use a toothbrush that you no longer use and have previously sterilized in boiling water. In fact, we recommend having a brush like this among your cleaning utensils because it is very useful in a wide variety of household cleaning situations.
5. Take the jewel, rinse it in cold water and dry it with the softest cloth you have.
How To Clean Blackened Gold From A Chain With Vinegar
To learn how to clean blackened gold, vinegar is a great ally. It is a resource that is also inexpensive and with which you can keep your chain in good condition without great efforts. This method is used to clean gold with baking soda and vinegar. Therefore, you need to have baking soda and white vinegar, apple or wine to be effective. You can clean gold with vinegar as follows:
1. For every three teaspoons of baking soda used, add two of water and stir the mixture to make a thick dough similar to toothpaste. Therefore, if you see that you are running very liquid, add more bicarbonate and if you see that it is too thick, add more water.
2. Apply the dough with a sponge or cotton swab or swab, completely covering the chain.
3. Put the chain in a plastic container and pour the white vinegar. The chain must be fully submerged for 5 minutes.
4. Rinse the chain with lukewarm water until the baking soda and vinegar are gone.
5. Dry the jewel with a soft cloth.