Food eaten during breakfast influences our mood and energy throughout the day. We show you the ideal healthy breakfasts.
Spaniards are for breakfast and, although there are some who skip this meal due to lack of hunger or time, most start the day with something to drink and eat that does not usually vary.
A good breakfast after eight hours of sleep is essential to get that supply of energy and nutrients that our body needs to carry out its vital functions and it depends on whether we can carry the day with more or less vitality or even how it is. our behavior throughout it.
But the reality is that there are still those who simply drink a coffee while standing before running to work, who directly skip it excusing themselves in the lack of time in the morning or those who still think that breakfast is the most important meal of the day is a myth or it is not a great help with the diet.
Regarding the latter, it is important to keep in mind that breakfast is also fattening, so if this is what you are concerned about, choose to start the day with a healthy breakfast that includes fruit or vegetables, carbohydrates, protein, healthy fats … Also, That first meal is crucial in helping the metabolism burn calories throughout the day.
On the other hand, do not forget that the energy of our body depends largely on glucose and when we wake up the blood glucose levels tend to be very low because the body cannot store it, so it includes any product that you It can provide glucose (such as white bread, chocolate, honey, cornflakes, fruit, among others) because this is the gasoline that our body needs to activate. It will also be a great help to put aside that dream that prevents you from concentrating well on your work and will prevent us from getting to food very hungry, so it will also help you keep the weight at bay.
The best breakfasts to have a lot of energy
There are a number of key foods that are a source of essential vitamins and minerals to provide that energy we need to combat tiredness and fatigue during the day. We review what should not be missing in your breakfast to start the day with vitality:
- Good fats: Fats are also necessary for the body to function, they also help repair muscle damage and regulate metabolism. That is why we must choose the healthiest or the so-called good fats that we can find in dried fruits, seeds, uncooked olive oil, avocado, tuna, salmon, olives, almonds …
- Fruit: Fruits are a source of water, vitamins, minerals and they also contain fructose and glucose, so they are essential to keep our body hydrated and to eliminate accumulated toxins, they also help regulate intestinal transit thanks to their high amount of fiber and will help satiate our stomach. The best thing is that you combine them at your whim and that you complete them with some dairy such as yogurt, carbohydrates, or proteins.
- Healthy carbohydrates: If you want a complete and healthy breakfast, we recommend that you forget about industrial pastries and that you opt for healthier carbohydrates such as those derived from whole grains, which are also rich in minerals, vitamins, and fiber. Muesli, oatmeal, wholemeal or rye bread, among other options, can be a good alternative to provide energy to the muscles and our brain through breakfast.
- Dairy: A glass of milk, yogurt, cheese … are some of the options with which you can compensate for the lack of nutrients that the body suffers at night. In dairy, you can also find the minerals, proteins, and fats you need to have enough energy during the day thanks to the amino acids and nutrients they include.
Example of breakfasts that will give you the energy you need:
- Infusion and vegetable sandwich with whole wheat bread, lettuce, tomato, turkey, and fresh cheese.
- Orange juice and a bowl of whole grains and oatmeal with milk or yogurt.
- Infusion of green tea, whole wheat toast with avocado, salmon, and fresh cheese and to finish a handful of walnuts.
- A fruit and whole-wheat toast with ham, oil, and tomato. To finish and if you are still hungry, a few nuts with yogurt and a teaspoon of honey.
- Coffee with milk and some oatmeal pancakes with yogurt, blueberries, and a drizzle of honey.